Maintains adequate accounting and control for various accounting functions. Maintains and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts. Prepares financial statements and reports. Maintains and develops automated accounting systems, controls, and procedures. Prepares and develops reports for management and/or for regulatory authorities. Responds to inquiries regarding accounting policies, procedures, and issues from management, external auditors, and regulatory authorities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of experience in financial accounting activities
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other regulations
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, reporting, and analysis
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data