Do you wish you were employed at a well-respected and expanding organization as an Accounting Clerk? Accountemps has an opening for an Accounting Clerk, whose main responsibility would be to support the daily functions of a department. The Accounting Clerk obligations will consist of matching invoices to purchase orders/ vouchers, data entry, and assisting with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). We offer a dynamic, team-oriented workspace, great benefits, and future career advancement opportunity. This is a long-term temporary employment based in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area.
- Organize documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Overall accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Post financial figures to journals and ledgers
- Harmonize discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Put together statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Contribute to Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and help with collection of past due balance
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience with chargebacks
- Expertise in data entry
- Deep understanding of numeric data entry
- Foundational knowledge in financial reporting
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Prior knowledge in Spreadsheet and ERP system
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills ? helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune? magazine's list of \"World's Most Admired Companies\" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888-###-#### or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
**Location:** Milwaukee, WI
**Date Posted:** March 8, 2019
**Employment Type:** Temporary
**Job Reference:** 04600-#######740
**Staffing Area:** Temporary Accounting & Finance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.