Do you feel 'called' to do your part to improve the lives of others, to lead change in how health care for the neediest of our society is managed, to share your skills and talents with others who want to do the same with you?
Well, you've found the right place!
Summary:This position provides case management and support to older adults in the Milwaukee County communities, assuring quality services are provided which are cost effective and monitoring the heath and safety of members.
- Complete the nursing portion of the comprehensive assessment and provide input to the members care accordingly.
- Conduct home visits and community visits to assure appropriate care and access member satisfaction.
- Establish and monitor wellness and health promotion activities based on the member's assessment and identified outcomes.
- Re-evaluate the member's health and wellness at appropriate intervals to manage ongoing health issues, assess the member's response to interventions, or when a medical complaint or event affecting the member's health occurs.
- Perform routine health monitoring activities, based on the member's need.
- Builds constructive working relationships with members, their family members, appropriate outside agency staff.
- Provide, in crisis situations, appropriate assessment of psychiatric, behavioral or medical problems and implement interventions in conjunction with other staff to take appropriate measures to ensure the safety of members
- Evaluate members' ability to safely manage, either by themselves, or through use of supports, their medication, medical care interventions and treatments, equipment, and access to health care services.
- Take appropriate measures to prevent the spread of infection and communicable diseases and instruct the member and/or caregiver in these measures.
- Ensure that the member's physician or appropriate medical professional is notified when the member has an acute change in condition
- Provide or arrange for services, supports or medical care that best meet the member's identified needs, and monitor the effectiveness of these interventions
- Assists in problem resolution between members and providers.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Wisconsin (Bachelor's degree (BSN) is preferred)
- Requires at least two years of related health care experience.
- A personal vehicle, valid State of Wisconsin motor vehicle operator's license and conformity with insurance coverage limits are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas, and information both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, set priorities with daily demands and long-term work assignments and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with members and co-workers from a variety of different backgrounds and experiences in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and cooperate in achieving company goals.
- Problem solving ability to seek solutions using appropriate methodologies.
- Must be able to travel to any location within Milwaukee County
- Ability to use a personal computer and capability of learning software applications of Independent Care.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Case Management skills to determine appropriateness of member's care.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding Independent Care and its member information.
Registered Nurse, Case Manager
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, intensive, intensive care unit, nurse, psychatric, registered nurse, surgery, surgical, tcu