ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading company in the area seeking an Accountant. The organization is a world leader within their respective industry with a number of accolades to their name. The organization offers an amazing benefits package which is the icing on the cake along with a strong work/life balance. There is a large team, so room for advancement is also there.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
The Accountant records and analyzes monthly transactions in the general ledger. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs US monthly financial close functions including preparing and entering journal entries
- Prepares general ledger reconciliations
- Updates CIP, Capitalization & Dispositions of F/A, Posts Depreciation, Prepares Personal Property & Real Tax returns.
- Performs annual physical inventories.
- Maintains various Prepaid and Accrual account schedules
- Performs Back-up Payroll Processing
- Prepares various Government Surveys
- Assist yearly audit preparations for US Operations
- Responsible for accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing, compliance), and database management
- Communicates results to International Controller to include: analytical reports, status reports
- Assists yearly audit preparation
- Randomly audits work flow to assures that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Follow company policies, procedures and guidelines per the company handbook
- Offer plant/company-wide continuous improvement suggestions
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
We are looking for a Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Ideally an A.S - Accounting or Bachelors in Accounting/Finance is preferred; Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. If no degree - 3+ years experience required
- GAAP knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
Keywords: Staff Accountant, Accounting, Accountant, General Ledger Accountant, Finance, Journal Entries, Excel, GAAP, Reconciliations, Month-End Close