World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide is helping to draw the contours of the energies of tomorrow and seeks to introduce scientific and technological innovations into society that will open up new markets while addressing today's economic and environmental challenges.
In a world where energy needs and sources are changing rapidly, the ability to transform organic resources into renewable and totally carbon-free energy is poised to become part of the new energy mix. The energy produced in this way offers the advantage of being easy to store and responsive to the need for sustainable heating and clean transportation in modern societies.
To this end, the Air Liquide Biogas team embodies the ambition of the Air Liquide group, developing global solutions for biomethane upgrading. We are present across the biomethane supply chain: production from organic and farm wastes, purification, liquefaction, packaging, transportation and distribution. Using Air Liquide's innovative membrane technology, we are able to separate methane and carbon dioxide to generate high quality biomethane.
With over 50 biogas sites worldwide and more than 100 years of experience in gas separation, Air Liquide is in a position to provide clean energy solutions for power and transportation to our customers and the community.
Biogas Clean Energy is a new business unit within the Air Liquide Advanced Technologies US entity. The mission of Biogas Clean Energy is managing waste resources, and replacing fossil natural gas to improve long term environmental sustainability in full coherence with Air Liquide Group strategy. The Plant Manager role in Horicon, MI is a new position, reporting to the Director - Biogas, which will support business development and growth by ensuring efficient production operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Operate Air Liquide Biogas facility in Horison, WI , safely and reliably by complying with regulatory requirements, developing and leading personnel, managing costs effectively, and developing personal skills and competencies, including testing, maintenance strategies, monitoring plant processes and maximizing productivity
* Demonstrate leadership in process and operational safety at all times, and demand that of others, including plant personnel, visitors, contractors
* Define, design, specify, control costs and implement projects intended to improve, safety, efficiency, and profitability
* Recommend changes in process to effect the greatest economy in production methods and material cost
* Evaluate plant equipment and processes, and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions and improve efficiency
* Set up and conduct tests of complete units under operational conditions and analyzes test results in relation to design specifications, modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications
* Suggest innovative tools and software to improve control and efficiency
* Plan utilization of production facilities to improve efficiency of operations
* Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
* Provide technical support for plant production as required
* Support safety procedures and personnel policies directed by local and corporate personnel and safety departments
* Manage biogas source (landfill) gas collection system to safely and cost-effectively maximize both the quantity and quality of biogas for processing
* Interface with biogas source management team to support good relations and coordinate efforts
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline preferred, (significant and relevant work experience considered)
* 2+ years plant management or engineering experience
* 2+ years supervision or management experience in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
* On call as required (nights, weekends and holidays)
* Proven \"\"hands-on\"\" mechanical and troubleshooting ability
* General understanding of accounting principles and working knowledge of plant operating budget
* Knowledge of industrial gases
* Pipeline safety experience
* Experience in environmental sustainability industry such as biogas, renewable energy or waste treatment
* Working knowledge of commercial agreements and customer relations
* Willing to be relocated for promotional opportunity
* Ability to use Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides; Working knowledge of Excel
* 2-3 Biogas Plant Operators
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
This position is identified by Air Liquide as \"safety-sensitive\" and as such is subject to random drug testing in accordance with our Drug and Alcohol policy.
Associated topics: cultivate, fork lift, inventory, lawn, manufacture, mow, plant, production management, ship, watering